Are you going to be out of the office for the holidays? Then you need the perfect out-of-office message for your email.
Here's how to write a polite out-of-office message in English.
1. I will be on vacation until Jan. 4. If there's an emergency, please call me on my cell phone. Thank you.
2. I will be out of the office until Monday, Jan. 4. I will respond to your message when I return. Happy holidays!
3. Thank you for your email. I’m out of the office and will be back Jan. 4. During this period I will have limited access to my email. For immediate assistance please contact me on my cell phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thanks, (YOUR NAME).
4. I will be out of the office from Dec. 21 until Jan. 4. If you need immediate assistance please contact (NAME OF PERSON). Otherwise, I will respond to your emails as soon as possible when I return. Happy holidays!
5. Thank you for your message. I am currently out of the office, with no email access. I will be returning on Jan. 4. If you need immediate assistance before then, you may reach me on my cell or via WhatsApp at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Warmest wishes for 2021.
In English, it's important to be polite and show collaboration. Always offer another solution for the person contacting you to get help, whether from you or another person on your team.
Wishing you the happiest of holidays!
Want a free assessment of your Business English skills? Or ready to improve your Business English skills with group classes or private lessons? Message me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or WhatsApp me at 619-483-5874.
Jackie Donaldson is the owner and director of Amidon Studios Language Studies. She started Amidon Studios in 2017 after managing a language institute in Lima, Peru for six years. She's taught students from all over the world while living in Peru, Mexico, and the U.S. Before she started teaching full time in 2011, she worked for 15 years in the corporate, non-profit, and academic sectors.