Sat, Nov 23|
Otay Mesa Border Crossing
Valle de Guadalupe Winery Tour
The time is finally here! It's our first trip to the Valle de Guadalupe for a delightful day of wine-tasting and farm-to-table food. You can't miss this private tour where you can practice your Spanish to your heart's delight. And we all know the more wine we taste, the better our Spanish gets!
Time & Location
Nov 23, 2019, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Otay Mesa Border Crossing, 9777 Via De La Amistad, San Diego, CA 92154, USA
About the event
The time is finally here! It's our first trip to the Valle de Guadalupe in Ensenada for a delightful day of wine-tasting and the freshest farm-to-table food. You can't miss this private tour where you can practice your Spanish to your heart's delight. And we all know the more wine we taste, the better our Spanish gets!
Locations on this private tour include:
- Viñedos Monte Xanic – Taste a mix of 5 of their red and white wines, plus tour their underground wine-making facility and beautiful grounds
- Finca La Carrodilla – Tour their eco-friendly vineyard with working farm and taste a mix of 3 of their wines
- Museo de la Vid y el Vino – Learn about the history of winemaking and check out artwork from local Baja artists
- Finca Altozano – Have a delicious lunch at a restaurant owned by famous Baja chef Javier Plascencia, serving the freshest farm-to-table food with a scenic view of the Valle
- Sol de Media Noche - Pick up some fresh local cheese, honey, salsa, olives, mole, and more at this well-known local market
- $80 per person for students* / $95 per person for non-students
- As this is a small group tour, seats are extremely limited, so get your tickets today at Eventbrite!
- Sorry, no refunds will be given, unless the event is canceled on our part
- *Current and former students of Amidon Studios, contact Jackie for a discount code to get $10 off the ticket price
Ticket price includes:
- Tours of two boutique wineries with wine tastings
- Entrance fees
- Complimentary light breakfast and snacks
- Private van with driver
- Bilingual tour guide
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Policy
To enter Tijuana and to re-enter the U.S., U.S. citizens must have a Passport, Passport Card, Enhanced Driver's License, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST Card. Non-U.S. Citizens need a passport, with an I-94 departure record and multiple entry visa or Permanent Resident Card.
Some places in Tijuana accept cash only, and while many places accept dollar bills less than $20, they will give change back in Mexican pesos at the exchange rate of their choosing. There are at least 2 currency exchange locations in the strip malls to the left and right before reaching the Otay Mesa Border Crossing. Please exchange your money before meeting for the tour at 8:30am.
This tour involves a moderate level of activity, including walking across the border and at various sites.
Tour is for adults over the age of 18 only. Tour locations and travel itinerary are subject to change without notice. Sorry, no refunds will be given, unless the event is canceled on our part.