Sat, Nov 02|
Nike Factory Store
Día de los Muertos Walking Tour in Tijuana
Come along with us Saturday, Nov. 2 to celebrate Día de los Muertos in Tijuana! We'll visit the altars of beloved family members who have passed away. We'll check out the oldest cemetery and largest market in Tijuana and we'll explore the Cultural Center that will be decorated gorgeously.
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2019, 3:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Nike Factory Store, 4445 Camino De La Plaza Suite 350, San Ysidro, CA 92173, USA
About the event
This is the event of the year that all of Mexico gets excited about! We're going to explore the best of Tijuana to experience first hand how people celebrate Dia de Los Muertos, the day people share their love and admiration for the loved ones who have passed away. It's truly a magical two days and, luckily enough, one of those days falls on a Saturday. So let's take advantage of stepping across the border and experiencing all that Tijuana offers! You won't have a more extraordinary tour than this!
Locations on this tour include:
- Panteón Puerta Blanca – Tour Tijuana's most historic cemetery to visit the grave of Juan Soldado, Tijuana's folk saint of those who cross the border
- Mercado Hidalgo – Hosts one of the largest altars and will be chocked full of Día de los Muertos-related regalia and sweets
- Centro Cultural de Tijuana – Visit several altars and a festive fair, as well as any Día de los Muertos events they are hosting that afternoon
- Restaurante auténtico – Treat yourself for dinner at an excellent local restaurant that serves classic dishes with the freshest ingredients
- Panadería clásica - Grab some fresh pan de muerto--trust me, it's delicious and, even better, it's all on me!
- $25 per ticket for students* / $35 per ticket for non-students
- Purchase your tickets now at Eventbrite
*Current and former students of Amidon Studios, contact Jackie to get a coupon code that gives you $10 off the ticket price
Ticket price includes:
- Tour of decorated altars at the largest market and a historic cemetery
- Tickets to Día de los Muertos events at the Cultural Center of Tijuana
- A stop at a classic panadería with complimentary pan de muerto
- Transportation around Tijuana
- Bilingual tour guide
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Policy
To enter Tijuana and to re-enter the U.S., U.S. citizens must have a Passport, Passport Card, Enhanced Driver's License, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST Card. Non-U.S. Citizens need a passport, with an I-94 departure record and multiple entry visa or Permanent Resident Card.
Some places in Tijuana accept cash only, and while many places accept dollar bills less than $20, they will give change back in Mexican pesos at the exchange rate of their choosing. We will stop at a currency exchange before crossing the border.
This tour involves high level of activity, including walking across the border and at various sites.