Sat, Sep 14|
Plaza De Otay
Celebrate Fiestas Patrias in Tijuana
Join us Saturday, Sept. 14 for a tasty celebration of Mexico's Día de Independencia! We'll explore an area of Tijuana that only locals know to enjoy an eclectic Fiestas Patrias celebration.
Time & Location
Sep 14, 2019, 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Plaza De Otay, 2470 Roll Dr, San Diego, CA 92154, USA
About the event
Ready to immerse yourself in life in Tijuana for the day? Explore the vibrant swap meet in Mesa de Otay where you can haggle prices to your heart's delight. Dig in at the best cevichería in the area with the freshest Baja seafood. And last, but not least, let loose at the lively Fería de las Californias to revel in Mexico's independence.
Locations on this tour include:
- Tomas de Aquino Swap Meet - You'll find everything you didn't even know you were looking for at the largest swap meet in Tijuana.
- Mariscos el Mazateño - The freshest, most delicious seafood is here at this popular cevichería just across from the swap meet.
- Fería de las Californias - Spend the rest of the afternoon playing games and riding rides at Parque Morelos, the largest park in Tijuana
This trip includes:
- Tour of the Barrio Tomas Aquino swap meet
- Tour of the annual fair at Parque Morelos
- Transportation around Tijuana
- Bilingual tour guide
- Entrance fees
U.S. Customs and Border Protection Policy
To enter Tijuana and to re-enter the U.S., U.S. citizens must have a Passport, Passport Card, Enhanced Driver's License, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST Card. Non-U.S. Citizens need a passport, with an I-94 departure record and multiple entry visa or Permanent Resident Card.
Some places in Tijuana accept cash only, and while many places accept dollar bills less than $20, they will give change back in Mexican pesos at the exchange rate of their choosing. We will stop at a currency exchange before crossing the border.
This tour involves moderate level of activity, including walking across the border and at various sites.
Fiestas Patrias in Tijuana
This ticket includes transportation and entrance fees.$35.00